Our staff share our dedication to client care. They bring years of experience in the profession to our work and stand by our clients as their cases proceed.
Judith A. Janzen was called to the bar in 2000 and has practiced law as litigation counsel in downtown Vancouver since then. She has experience in civil litigation and has appeared in court in corporate and commercial matters including shareholders’ disputes, franchise matters and multi-party leaky condo litigation. Judith is experienced in all aspects of family law litigation including complex asset division, high conflict custody disputes, child protection matters and cohabitation issues. She will not hesitate to advance her client’s interests in court whether at the interim stage or at trial but always with a view to using those resources to advance the best interests of her client. Judith works regularly with other professionals such as business valuators, accountants, psychologists and physicians in order to prepare and present the best possible case for her client, whether it is at trial, in collaborative meetings or in settlement negotiations. Judith is an active volunteer at the Canadian Bar Association, serving as elected representative for Vancouver County. In the National CBA, she has served as Chair of the Membership Committee and a member of the National Fee Review Working Group. In her spare time, Judith enjoys travelling the world and relaxing with her family and friends.
Areas of practice
Family Law Litigation
British Columbia, 2000
University of British Columbia, Faculty of Law, Vancouver, British Columbia J.D. – 1999 Simon Fraser University, Burnaby , British Columbia – Undergraduate in Honours History
- FLA meets WESA: What you don’t know will hurt you, Trial Lawyers Association of BC seminar “WESA:Everything a trial lawyer needs to know about the Wills, Estates and Succession Act”, June 2014
- Fraudulent Conveyances, Continuing Legal Education Society of BC, “WESA for Family Lawyers”, October 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Canadian Bar Association, Elected Representative, County of Vancouver, 2009 – 2014
- Canadian Bar Association, Past Chair of Provincial and National Membership Committees in B.C.
- Director, Hope For Freedom Society, Drug Recovery Programme